October 30, 2011

Arbor's Owl Costume

As I was trying to decide on what Arbor should be for Halloween this year, I knew that I wanted to make it. Last year before she was born I found an owl hat on etsy I knew she had to have!
 I knew I was going to get her another one for this winter and thought it would make a perfect hat for her Halloween Costume. So I decided to just make the rest :) 

Here's what I did.

First Gather scrap fabric pieces.

Then cut out 3 pieces of felt. One big oval for the front and 2 long ovals for the wings.
They don't need to be perfect since you'll be putting the fabric around.

Then cut out small ovals from the scrap fabrics and place on felt.
Continue till the felt is covered. Then do the same for the wings. After all in place, hot glue each oval to felt. I then bought heat bond and ironed the felt pieces onto a longsleeve pink onesie. 

For the tutu, measure a piece of elastic to fit your little one's waist.
Sew the elastic together. Then cut strips of fabric to tie onto the elastic.

I used about 60 strips that were about 1/2 in to 1in. thick and 6 in. long.
Then tie the fabric onto the elastic.
There you have it! Super easy and look how adorable she looks!




Happy Halloween!












1 comment: