October 3, 2011

Desk redone!

This summer I was on the hunt for a sofa table. I knew little A would be mobile soon and I really was trying to baby proof our living room. We had a black bookshelf in our living room that she would have been able to grab everything off of!

I looked everywhere to find what I had in mind, but was finding nothing. I knew I wanted something that I could repaint myself.

Then I finally found something that had great potential. Dummy me forgot to take a before picture of the desk, but here is a picture of the drawers. The desk was the same orange and black peeled paint and needed a lot of work.

I've redone furniture before but nothing where I had to really scrape a lot of layers of paint. It took awhile to scrape, sand, and prime.

The end project turned out beautiful though! It's one of my favorite things in our living room!





Much Love,  
Holly







4 comments:

  1. so cute, Holly! What did you use on top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have never been brave enough to take on a project to that extend. Extra kudos to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It took a long time since I only have the weekends during Arbor's nap time :)

    ReplyDelete